Halloween is the greatest holiday of the year. Trust me. I have my reasons. One day I’ll post my detailed rankings of all the major American holidays. (Sorry MLK Day, but you are boring.) Until that time, here are some facts about Halloween that will interest you, if you are me. (Chances are you’re not.)
- I’m related to Casper the Friendly Ghost. Look it up!
- Bobby “Boris” Pickett, the creator of “Monster Mash” was from Somerville. I live in Somerville! Spoooooooooky!
- Peanut Butter Cups are the best treats to get. Smarties are second. Everything else is garbage.
- Dead-Alive/Braindead takes too fucking long to get to the good stuff.
- My scariest Halloween costume was “Little 8-year-old Boy Covered in Blood” in 1987.
That’s it for this Halloween. Don’t be a dick and turn all the lights off and pretend you’re not home. Give the kids candy!